Are You Searching For Hurricane Stock Video And More? HD ProRes Available
Thank you for your interest in my hurricane and severe storm stock video footage. As I noted on my front page, I specialize mostly in filming hurricanes and Florida lightning storms. It has always been the most accessible to me, plus it’s my main passion when it comes to forecasting, chase intercepting and capturing through motion and stills. However, I have chased and filmed in the Great Plains of Tornado Alley for about a half dozen season’s, and will continue to in the coming years. Capturing everything from Supercells, small tornadoes, storm landscapes, storm chasers and very large hail.
I will try and break down below a small summary of my stock footage. Not everything I have ever shot is published here on the website, so I normally send out DVD screeners upon request. Please be sure when requesting a DVD screener to specify the event or footage you’re looking for. You can view my About Page to see where all my video work has been featured on TV.
Video Footage Acquisition SD / HDV / HD
All hurricane and weather video captured before 2008 was shot in standard definition (SD) on a Sony VX2100 3CCD camera. From 2008-2010 all footage was shot on a Sony A1U in HDV. Starting mid 2010 and beyond all hurricane and storm video acquired is shot in Full-HD on either a Canon EOS 5D Mark II or Sony NX5U. Standard definition files are available in DVCPRO and HDV/ HD files are available in Apple ProRes 422.
DVD Screeners And Masters Delivered
My post-production is based on an Apple Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 workflows. Footage screeners and masters are delivered on Mac formatted firewire 800 drives. DVD screeners and masters are delivered on DVD-R and DVD+R DL disks. - *All screener reels are timecode burned.
- (HD 1920x1080) - Apple ProRes 422 HQ or QuickTime H.264
- (HDV 1440x1080) - Apple ProRes 422 / LT or QuickTime H.264
- (SD 720x480) - DVCPRO QuickTime
Hurricane And Tropical Storm Video Available
Licensing rates for hurricane footage are charged per the second used with a 5/sec minimum per shot. Below are hurricanes and tropical storms that are available for stock. Also, besides the normal hurricane action shots, I have storm chasers in action during hurricanes and aftermath.
- Hurricane Isaac 2012 - Key West, FL and Biloxi, MS (HD)
- Tropical Storm Debby 2012 - Florida (HD)
- Tropical Storm Beryl 2012 - Jacksonville, FL (HD)
- Hurricane Earl 2010 - Outerbanks, NC (HDV)
- Hurricane Alex 2010 - South Padre Island, TX (HDV)
- Tropical Storm Bonnie 2010 - Miami Beach, FL (HDV)
- Hurricane / Tropical Storm Ida 2009 - Pensacola Beach, FL (HDV)
- Tropical Storm Fay 2008 - Lake Okeechobee, FL (HDV)
- Tropical Storm Arlene 2005 - Pensacola Beach, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Dennis 2005 - Downtown Pensacola, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Katrina 2005 - Ft Lauderdale Beach, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Katrina 2005 - Gulfport, MS (SD)
- Hurricane Rita 2005 - Key West, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Wilma 2005 - West Palm Beach, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Charley 2004 - Punta Gorda, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Frances 2004 - Ft Pierce Beach, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Jeanne 2004 - Downtown Ft Pierce, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Lili 2002 - New Iberia, LA (SD)
- Hurricane / Tropical Storm Gabrielle 2001 - Venice, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Dennis 1999 - Morehead City, NC (SD)
- Hurricane Irene 1999 - West Palm Beach, FL (SD)
- Hurricane Georges 1999 - Pascagoula, MS (SD)
- Hurricane Erin 1995 - Vero Beach, FL (VHSC)
Florida Sea Breeze Thunderstorms And More
I have a significant video and picture collection of Florida native seabreeze lightning storms from over the last 15 years. When it comes to documenting Florida weather, you’ve come to the right place. Below are many of the available footage and pictures of classic Florida weather.
- Vivid shelf clouds, storm structure, and deep convection.
- Lightning video and long-exposure photography.
- Ocean water-spouts, lake-spouts, dust devils and hail.
- Wildfires, drought, freezes, large surf, tropical landscapes, flooding, and wildlife scenes.
2K And 4K Thunderstorms and Clouds Time-Lapse
In late 2009 I began shooting time-lapse sequences of seabreeze thunderstorms and other cloudscapes across Florida. Some of these include sunrises, sunsets and city nightscapes. I shoot using a full-frame Canon EOS 5D Mark II in raw. I hope to have a gallery up mid 2011 of my recent work for licensing. Coming Soon 2K- 2048x1536 and 4K-4096x2160 files will be available later this year.